Wednesday 28 December 2011

Australia Decals

Well the Decals all went on this morning, and I am really pleased with the result.  Not too much, not too little, just says what needs to be said.



And 3 oversize Aussie Elise stickers – One on each door and one on the bonnet, so everyone knows about our fantastic little Club here in Australia !!
“Aus to Alaska 2012” windscreen banner at the front, “Aus to Alaska 2012” banners over the rear wheel arches, “Caution – Right Hand Drive” on the rear clam, and all the details of the route on my boot box – A map on the top of it (leaving room for Lotus Club Stickers I pick up along the way), and on the sides is a list of the main places I intend to visit.  As I visit them, I will put a thin red line of tape through the place name so you
can still read the place I have been to, but know it has been completed.   And finally, on the back of the boot box, “Surfers Paradise, Queensland to Coldfoot, Alaska” so people behind me know where I am going !!   Going down to the Surfers Paradise beach tomorrow morning to try and get a photo of Elsie under the famous sign at the end of Cavill Avenue, so that is the true starting point for the trip !!


Car is now finished and ready to go.  Quick polish, and charge the battery in the hope that it will survive 45 days on the boat without going flat, and that’s it – Off to the docks on 3rd January !




So this blog will probably be pretty quiet until about the 21st February when we land in Long Beach, California !





Some more pics of the decals can be seen here
https://picasaweb.google.com/117739775480775657932/LastMinuteJobs?authkey=Gv1sRgCPO5mK7n96eWgwE#