Tuesday 13 March 2012

Laguna Seca to San Francisco

Well, I woke up early and prepared to pack up and get down to Starbucks to get on the wifi and update my blog before heading off to San Francisco. 


But - First one camper came by on his morning walk, and invited me to join him, so we spent the next hour waling almost right round the Laguna Seca circuit !  Great walk though !   Then as I tried to pack up the tent etc, lots of other camping neighbours came by for a chat, and invites to go see them in Colorado and Calgary respectively as I pass through - Thank you so much everyone - A great bunch of people I have met in the campsite.
Anyway, got down to Starbucks by about 10.30, but by now running out of time to do the blog, so just had a coffee and booked a motel in San Rafael north of the Golden Gate for the next few nights as heavy rain is forecast, and set off up the road.
Followed the coastal Highway 1 all the way up to San Francisco - Santa Cruz, Pescadero, and Half Moon Bay, then up through Daly City and over the Golden Gate Bridge.

Some photos of the day  https://picasaweb.google.com/117739775480775657932/LagunaSecaToSanFrancisco?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzY8NT1q6eyJg#

Almost as soon as I hit the coast, the rain came in, and it rained and blew and was only about 10 deg C all day.  Stopped for a few photos somewhere around Pescadero, then stopped at Starbucks in Half Moon Bay for some lunch, coffee, and wifi, and then set off to San Francisco to try to beat the traffic.   This wasn't as bad as expected, and had a fairly good run around and onto the Bridge, then past Sausalito to San Rafael, where I found my Motel 6 no problem, (Thank you again Tom Tom !! Don't know where I would be without you !!).  By the time I arrived the rain was bucketing down, and it was fun to find Omi from Nepal on the front desk who is a Lotus freak, and wanted to know all about my car and trip !  If it ever stops raining, I promised him a run in the car !!
Good chance to catch up on banking and emails on the free wifi, and more importantly get some much needed laundry done - It has been that cold recently in my tent that I have been wearing most of the clothes I posess to bed each night !!   Hopef ully the weather will improve, as I possibly have a Lotus dinner on Thursday night, a Golden Gate Lotus Club meeting on Friday night, and a club run on Saturday, weather permitting - Looking forward to meeting more local Lotus owners !  Then on Sunday I will head off to Death Valley and Las Vegas.  In the mean time, a REAL bed tonight !!!  I just wish I had some wine gums to eat as well and my day would be perfect !!